Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Veganism FTW!

After a long, tiring, junk food and drink filled but totally fun birthday weekend in Vegas, it's time for a change.  I'm a quarter century old now, so it's time to start acting like it, or something.
Anyway, the day we drove back, I had a Jack in the Box breakfast burrito (gross), ice cream, and popcorn as the foods I ate all day.  Needless to say, I felt terrible afterwards.  And thus, I decided I'm doing at least a week of strict veganism to get myself back on track.  So far, it is feeling great.  Workouts are going well, I feel better physically, and I don't feel guilty if I eat a lot since I know that everything I'm putting in my body is substantial and nourishing.

Recap for the day:
~40 min on the treadmill
~75 minutes of yoga, tough class but felt soooooo good!

Breakfast
Oatmeal with almond milk (never again) and blueberries (300)
Banana (100)

Lunch
Salad with spinach, arugula, chickpeas, grape tomatoes, balsamic vinegar (200?)
Red pepper strips (50?)

Snacks
Otter pops! (160)
Fiber One bar (140)
Trail mix (170)

Dinner
Two black bean fajitas with avocado (600)

No comments:

Post a Comment