Sunday, August 7, 2011

Current obsessions

Things I'm obsessed with right now (besides recurring players Bar Method, veganism, and dessert):
Morning protein smoothie














I will give you, it is not much to look at in this picture.  But it is delicious.
Recipe
10 oz coffee (cold, I brew it the night before and stick it in the fridge)
4 oz almond milk
1/2 c frozen raspberries
1/4 c Trader Joe's Chocolate Hemp Protein Powder
Ice

Throw in blender, blend, consume.  It tastes much like my formerly beloved Raspberry Mocha Frappucino, except that this is way better for me, lower in calories, and also tastes better.  Magic!


Avocado Toast

I love this.  Some people think it is gross.  Whatever to those people.














Recipe
Bread
Avocado
Garlic salt

Toast bread.  Smear with avocado.  Sprinkle with garlic salt.  Consume. 

The concept of running

Aside from a jog before yoga last week, I have not seriously run in awhile.  But I am liking the idea of it.  Had brunch with a friend this morning who ran the LA marathon this year and he's going to make me a training schedule for doing some sort of half marathon in the fall.  I am excited.  We'll see how far I get before I get lazy and/or my knees give out.

No comments:

Post a Comment