Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Non-slip-up

So I was going to write this wildly self congratulatory post this morning about how instead of dealing with my angst yesterday in my usual fashion (diving headfirst into a brownie sundae and a bottle of wine), I just worked out and ate vegan things and was very reasonable.  This was all well and good until work got stressful this morning, which meant me and two coworkers spent lunch diving headfirst into piles of pastrami and a pitcher of beer.  I am doing well so far at not chastising myself for this.  The good thing about voluntary veganism is that it isn't actually the end of the world when it becomes very important to consume the garlic mayonnaise that comes with the french fries, because it is delicious.  I am also not beating myself up over spending a leisurely hour on the elliptical instead of going to yoga, because I just wasn't feeling it tonight.  This whole 'listening to my body' thing.  I think I'm getting better at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment