Saturday, February 12, 2011

So, about those brownies...

I originally started this blog to talk about trying to get fitter while not depriving myself, but ever since starting on WW I've been trying to keep the indulgences to a minimum.  Well, not today.  Actually, not since Wednesday, when I made amazing brownies.
Here's my thing about indulging - I've learned if I'm going to do it, I want it to be for something really amazing.  I made the brownies for a coworker who has an addiction to the Famous Amos cookies that come out of the vending machine - yuck!
I got the recipe from the LA Times - check it out here.  It's not my favorite recipe ever; that would be Zingerman's magic brownies.  But, these are still delicious and have a really nice crunchy top that gives way to a fudgy center.  It is a miracle of self restraint that this tupperware of leftovers still exists to be photographed today.

No comments:

Post a Comment