Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Exhausted

I'm basically over my cold and have been trying to get back into my 2x a day workout routine - one cardio-ish, one strength-ish.  Today was the first day of that, and as a reward for actually getting myself to the gym this morning in the terrible weather, I stopped at Starbucks to get myself a raspberry mocha, and then at the work cafeteria to get myself a breakfast burrito. And then I spent the rest of the day feeling terrible - not guilt or anything, just physically not up to par.  Apparently eating oatmeal every morning has actually been doing me some good.  Who knew?
So then after work today I'd planned on doing pilates and then yoga at my gym, but felt so exhausted after pilates that I gave up and went home.  I'm not sure if it's residual breakfast burrito energy drain, the fact that I didn't eat much after the breakfast burrito, or missing out on a lot of sleep last night after my cat decided to get really needy at about 2am, but whatever it was, I'm going to do my best not to repeat it.

No comments:

Post a Comment