Sunday, December 11, 2011

I've got an obsession

One of the best pieces of advice I've ever given was to a friend who was trying to get over a boy.  "Just find an all consuming thing until you find an appropriate all consuming person," I told her.  She recently gave that same advice to me as I've been trying to get over a boy.

It's finally starting to kick in, the running as my thing.  All I care about is running and getting faster and going farther.  I'm considering staying on for the rest of the TnT season and doing a full marathon.  Physically I don't think it'll be a problem, but I am kind of worried about having to raise another two grand.  I've finally been making progress on my fundraising, which is awesome and has restored my faith in humanity, but I feel like I've kind of tapped everyone out so I'm not sure I could ask again so soon.  We'll see.

Anyway, yesterday's 5K was kind of a disaster and I did not run nearly as well as I hoped given that I've been training and eating right and sleeping.  I don't know if that means my 5k pace assessment was a fluke, or if I really just run better on no sleep and a lot of wine.  Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment