Friday, December 2, 2011

Frustration

So, the running aspect of Team in Training has been going well.

The fundraising aspect...has not.  I am still over $2000 away from what I'm supposed to raise before January 10.

It's really frustrating.  I came away from my first TNT even filled with faith in humanity, excited that in a world of selfish and self-centered people, there was this group of people who were out there to do something to fight cancer and also do something for themselves in the process.

And now I'm losing that faith.  Asking people to donate, inviting them to events, and having people be like 'meh.'  Like, really, you can't spare the $5 you'd spend on a coffee or the $10 you'd spend on one drink?  Nothing?  It's not like this is for me, it's to fight cancer, for crying out loud.  It's annoying, it's disappointing, it's so, so frustrating.  And I have no idea what to do about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment