Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Yoga is magic

I've been leery of exercise recently.  I think I slept on my neck funny last week, which is still causing residual back/shoulder problems, and the bottom of my right foot sort of hurts whenever I walk on it for too long.  I'm definitely giving up high impact anything for awhile.  I haven't been working out nearly as much as I've wanted to, which is a disappointment.
Not disappointing, on the other hand, is yoga.  It. Has. Been. AMAZING.  I don't know what's different about this week from last, but the two classes I've gone to (one vinyasa bordering on Bikram, and one Ashtanga) were both pretty challenging, but also just felt completely enlightening and empowering on both a mental and physical level.  Maybe it's the vegan + yoga combo, maybe it's just where I am in life right now, but whatever it is, it's working.

No comments:

Post a Comment