Friday, March 25, 2011

Recap of the week

I've finally sort of survived a whole week of veganism.

The good:
made amazing vegan chickpea spinach curry thing
worked out every day
got 7+ hours of sleep a night
lifted weights twice
have gone to yoga 3 times, going again tonight

The bad:
nuts have a lot of calories
so does avocado

The ugly:
I did something hideous to my neck/shoulders.  I'm not sure if I slept on them funny Wednesday night or if it's delayed onset soreness from weights (I've been doing chest/arms/back), but I woke up Thursday morning and could barely move my head.  This almost scared me off going to morning yoga, but I went as I didn't think I could get back to sleep.  The yoga helped a lot, eleven hours at work did not.  I was hoping to wake up this morning and magically be better, but this has not happened.  More yoga this afternoon and tomorrow morning; I think I'm scheduling a massage for Sunday evening.  This could also just be karma for spending a lot of time making fun of my friend who just ran a marathon for the way she's hobbling around the office.

No comments:

Post a Comment