Saturday, March 19, 2011

Starting over, yet again

So I've been negligent, both of this blog and my fitness/nutrition routine.  Work happened.  A visit from my parents.  A living situation meltdown.  A vacation to get away from it all that included poutine.  But now I'm back.  And ready to focus again.

I'm going vegan for Lent, but in addition to that, here's what I'm going to try and do:
  • seven hours of sleep a night.  No exceptions.  This trumps any sort of workout plans.
  • yoga once a day on the days I like the classes (which is everyday but Saturday)
  • 30 minutes of cardio per day
  • strength training at least one day per week
  • doing raw vegan on Fridays
  • minimal refined sugar and artificial sweeteners (sayonara, soda)
  • less than seven drinks per week (one/day average)
Does this sound like the complete opposite of everything I'm supposed to stand for?  Yes, but the food part is only til Easter, and I think it will be a healthy challenge for me to learn how to cook delicious things that don't involve butter or chz.

No comments:

Post a Comment