Friday, November 18, 2011

Just do it

I went to yoga today for the first time in what is apparently almost a month.  It's weird how something can be a total part of your routine, and then a few little changes happen (a trip out of town, work gets busy, someone reappears in your life for a limited amount of time) and then suddenly it's not routine anymore.  Suddenly, the idea of going back to something you used to do all the time seems intimidating. 

I had a good half a dozen excuses for why I didn't have to go to yoga this afternoon (rest day on the schedule, needed to work, needed to clean, etc.) but I sucked it up and went.  It was not as bad as I feared it might be, and I certainly feel better for having gone. 

It's moments like these I'm tempted to re-overcommit and say I'm going to try and go every day, but I know that won't happen.  I'm going to try at least every other day, until Thanksgiving. 

And now, back to cleaning my apartment, which I desperately need to do.

What about you?  Do you ever fall out of a workout (or any!) routine and find it difficult to start again?

No comments:

Post a Comment