Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Why am I doing this?

So, the past few weeks I've been on a mildly successful regimen to eat less, and a moderately successful regimen to work out twice a day.  This has been largely based on my constant need for endorphins, but also my desire to achieve a better body.  I've definitely had my moments of "why am I doing this?  I look pretty good as is.  Is it really worth spending hours and hours of my time when I could be doing other things so that I can fit into one size smaller in pants, or be slightly more toned?"  I don't need to lose weight.  And yet I feel compelled to.  And then I read this article over on The Gloss, and realized how totally annoying it must be when my favorite topics of conversation are how much salad I've eaten, or how I've lost half a pound.  So I'm going to consider scaling back.  No more 90 minute mediocre sessions on the elliptical for no reason.  No more losing sleep just to get a second workout in.  Just making an honest effort to be happy and healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment