Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Dinner!

I'm not a cook.  I'm a baker.  This doesn't mean I can't cook, it's just not something that I consider myself particularly good at or that I actively seek to do.  As far as dinners go, I'm often happy to just throw something together from whatever's premade in the freezer.  Tonight was one of those rare nights on which I cooked.
Even though it's an eating week for me, apparently there's only so much junk food I can consume.  My body's started to crave health food.  I had a flash of inspiration during yoga - in the middle of some pose, I remembered that I had both spinach and polenta at home.  A few months ago, I had a fantastic polenta/mushroom dish at a restaurant that was supposed to be served with goat cheese, but it was during my vegan phase.  I thought it wouldn't be too difficult to recreate at home, so I stopped by the grocery store on my way home to pick up mushrooms, a can of tomatoes, and organic goat cheese (it was on sale).

So easy.  And so good!  All I did was cook the polenta according to the package, sauteed some spinach, and then separately sauteed some mushrooms and threw in the tomatoes.  Layer it all in a bowl with goat cheese and bam - delicious and healthy dinner in not too much time at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment