Sunday, January 16, 2011

In which I learn you can bake without butter

So my friend said this awesome thing the other day - "I always thought it was unfair that Olivia Wilde is gorgeous and married to an Italian prince, and then I found out she was a vegetarian.  I felt much better.  And, I have to say, I kind of agree with her.  Meat is delicious.  I guess she's not vegan so it's not so bad, as cheese is also delicious.  
I bring this up because one of my friends is currently doing a 21 day detox.  It's not one of the terrible all juice ones; it's a week of being vegan, a week of raw foods, and a week of only liquids.  While you're on it, there's no caffeine, alcohol, refined sugars, and, for some reason, over the counter medicines.  I'm not on bored with the whole 'detox' idea to begin with, but I've been trying to be supportive and not mention that she's going to gain all the weight back as soon as she goes off the thing.  But in the meantime, I'm trying to keep an open mind.  We went to a vegan restaurant on Friday, and it was actually decent. And the dessert - if you hadn't told me the cake was vegan, I would never have known.  There may be something to this veganism thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment